Kid Friendly Comfort Food in the Slow Cooker
You guys, I’m going way (+ way, way) outside of my comfort zone today with my first ever guest post AND first ever vlog, over at Jen Snyder Photo. You’re going to want to hop over to her beautiful blog check out one of my family’s very favorite recipes, Easy Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
It’s perfect for the busy back to school season, as schedules get busier and temperatures get cooler. Plus – it makes lots of leftovers for kid-approved lunches! Think soup is tricky to pack? Never fear – my best soup-transporting tips are included, as well.
Are you a fan of my crockpot chicken and wild rice soup? Would you like more recipes like this? Let me know in the comments below.
- 2 Boxes Uncle Ben’s Long Grain and Wild Rice Original Recipe, Rice AND Seasoning Packets (faster cook versions will turn your soup to mush!)
- 2 C. Chopped or Shredded Chicken
- 2 C. Chopped Carrots
- 2 C. Chopped Celery
- 1/2 C. Chopped Onions, optional
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken
- 4 C. Chicken Broth
- 2-4 C. Water
- Pour all of the ingredients into your crockpot.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or high 5-6 hours.
- Serve with a light garden salad or warm biscuits and jam
- Give yourself a high-five for finding a super easy and delicious recipe to add to your meal rotation!
- Perfect for using leftover chicken, diced or shredded, and stored in the freezer until ready to use.
- Add more or less liquid to get your desired consistency.