Perfect for gifting or your next cookie exchange, these 20 Christmas cookies feature something for every taste!
Looking for the perfect Christmas cookies this holiday season – something that’s new and a little different? I’ve rounded up 20 delicious and festive cookie recipes that are sure to stand out during your next holiday gathering or cookie exchange.
These Christmas cookies range from traditional holiday flavors – gingerbread, eggnog, peppermint, and cranberry – to more creative flavors for creating new family traditions.
And, they’re pretty enough to make a thoughtful, homemade cookie plate for gifting to neighbors, coworkers, family and friends.
- Pretty and festive. Peppermint Christmas wreath cookies are simple sugar cookies frosted with peppermint and decorated.
- Christmas pudding cookies. Frosted to mimic the traditional British Christmas pudding.
- Amaretti Biscuits are traditional Italian cookies with soft and chewy marzipan-like center and crispy edges. Made with almond flour, egg whites, and almond extract, this recipe is naturally gluten-free, aromatic, and very easy to make.
- No holiday cookie box is complete without these sweet and citrusy orange-glazed gingerbread cookies that are bursting with spice and everything nice.
- Vanilla Almond Sugar Cookie I can tell you from experience that these cut-outs come out perfect EVERY time. Plus, they have a little something extra that takes the flavor over the to;p compared to the standard sugar cookie. Includes a no-fuss dipable royal icing recipe.
- Nothing tastes more like Christmas than chocolate and peppermint cookies! These easy cookies can be sliced and baked as needed.
- I’ve tried a lot of Hot Chocolate Cookies, and these are by far the easiest with the most consistent results. Top with mini marshmallows or crushed candy canes for a festive Christmas flavor.
Chocolate crinkle cookies are a classic Christmas cookie that is fudgey, decadent, and surprisingly easy to whip up. Rich chocolate cookie dough is rolled in powdered sugar then baked to achieve a crackling effect for this holiday cookie classic.
- Pizzelle Cookies are a classic Italian treat everyone loves. Crispy and light – you can flavor this recipe with vanilla or anise extract. Great for giving as a holiday gift or enjoying with family and friends!
- A Christmas classic, these Butterscotch Confetti Squares are a foolproof holiday recipe with just 4 ingredients!
- These festive melted snowman cookies are the perfect holiday treat. A recipe that’s fun for the whole family.
- These adorable Poinsettia Cookies are perfect for Christmas! Cherry flavored sugar cookies shaped like the popular winter plant.
- These cranberry swirl cookies are always a hit. Filled with fresh cranberries and orange.
- These homemade Danish Butter Cookies are traditional Christmas Cookies recipe. Crispy outside and soft inside, they are dipped in chocolate and decorated with sprinkles for a classic, festive look.
- Andes Mint Cookies. Rich chocolate cookies are topped off with melted Andes mints for a delicious Christmas treat.
Hojarascas are soft and yummy Mexican shortbread cookies. Vegan and nut free, they are perfect for everyone this Christmas season.
- Old-Fashioned Cherry Christmas Cookies are made of chopped pieces of candied cherries in a rolled refrigerator dough.
- These adorable Santa gnome cookies are easy to make and delicious!
These buttery shortbread Linzer cookies are filled with raspberry jam that peeks through the cutout on top of each cookie. Dusted with powdered sugar, these sandwich cookies make the perfect holiday sweet treat.
Which of these Christmas cookies are your favorite? Tell me in the comments below! Looking for more holiday recipes?
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Pin this post for later: