- 2 small avocados, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 5-6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 8 strips cooked thick cut bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Hard boil the eggs by covering with an inch of water and bringing to a rolling boil. Turn off the heat and keep covered for 10-12 minutes before placing in an ice bath.
- Meanwhile, dice the avocados and place into a bowl with the Greek yogurt and lemon juice. Mix until blended and creamy
- Peel and dice the eggs. Place into a medium sized mixing bowl along with the chopped bacon and cilantro.
- Mix the avocado mixture into the dry mixture until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This rich & creamy Avocado Egg Salad makes the perfect side dish or protein-packed lunch. Even better – it’s low carb, Keto- & Paleo-friendly.
Low Carb, Keto-Friendly Egg Salad with Avocados
A big thank you to Nellie’s Free Range Eggs for sponsoring this recipe. All opinions are mine alone.
Is anyone else out there sticking with their healthy eating resolutions for the year? I’m a little behind the ball and just starting to make improvements to my diet. I tend to get really bored when I try to eat healthier, so I’m constantly trying to switch things up. Today, I’m super excited to share my latest healthy recipe – an amazing Avocado Egg Salad.
The Avocado Egg Salad is a rich, creamy recipe that’s perfect as a side dish, or for a protein-packed lunch.
I was inspired to whip up this dish because my daughter has been obsessed with hard-boiled eggs lately. She loves eating them for breakfast or popping them into her lunch bag.
Me? I’m not so much a hard-boiled egg person, unless it’s in a recipe (like my to-die-for Deviled Egg Pasta Salad!).
Our family has decided that Nellie’s Free Range Eggs are the best tasting eggs – hands down – for hard boiled eggs. We also love that they are Certified Humane, which means their hens are handled gently, have the freedom to roam and play outside, and are fed a healthy diet free from antibiotics and added hormones.
So, I started with our favorite hard boiled eggs, and added two of my favorite foods ever – avocados and bacon.
I pitted, peeled and diced one avocado, and mixed it with a tablespoon of Greek Yogurt (use mayo if you’re Paleo!) and a squeeze of fresh lemon, until creamy.
Next, I chopped up three hard boiled eggs and four pieces of chopped, thick cut bacon. I added both to the avocado mixture and mixed gently, until just combined. I also added just a bit of fresh salt and pepper to taste. Mmmmm.
Next, I added a cilantro and just a bit of red onion for an extra kick of crunch and flavor.
Serve this recipe right away, or pack it up for lunches.
The result is heavenly. I absolutely love the creamy texture of this Avocado Egg Salad.
Fancy a little extra crunch? Add a little more red onion, and serve it up in bib lettuce for delish lettuce wraps! Even better – this recipe is great for low carb, Paleo and Keto diets.
Since the avocado will oxidize, I recommend eating this the same day it’s prepared.
I usually make small batches like this so we can pack them up in your lunch boxes for the day. If you’re looking to serve it as a side dish, you’ll want the full recipe! Head over to Nellie’s Free Range Eggs for the full deets, along with even more amazing recipes like this!