Easy Game Day Crowd Pleaser
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Today I’m going to share one of my favorite fall recipes: White Chicken Chili, made in the slow cooker. It’s a family favorite, not just because of the rich flavor of this cold weather comfort food, but because it’s a cinch to make. Made with just a few simple ingredients , this recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
To prepare in your slow cooker, start by adding a pound of cubed or shredded chicken – this is a great recipe for using up leftover rotisserie chicken! Next, add 1-2 cans of white beans, frozen corn, diced onion and minced garlic.
Now, pour in chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Then, the “secret sauce”: 24 oz. of salsa verde, which gives this recipe it’s great flavor.
Add oregano, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
Give it all a quick stir, then cook on low 4-6 hours or high 3-5 hours.
The result is a hearty, delicious chili…with a kick.
Serve with a wedge of lime, tortilla chips, cheese, or a dollop of sour cream.
I like to get this recipe started at my house, and then take the whole slow cooker with me to the tailgate or game day party to keep it warm.
What are your favorite go-to tailgate recipes? Are you a fan of white chicken chili? Please tell me in the comments below!
- 3/4 - 1 lb. shredded or diced cooked chicken meat
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans
- 1 C. frozen corn
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 2 C. Pace® Salsa Verde
- 1 C. diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (16 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lime wedge, cilantro, cheese, or sour cream to garnish.
- Combine all the ingredients in your slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours, or high 3-5 hours. Garnish with tortilla chips, sour cream or cheese to serve.
If you’re a fan of this simple slow cooker recipe, you might also like this creamy, loaded potato soup: