I just love the tasted of malted milk powder! As a kid, my mom would often top plain vanilla ice cream with sprinkling of this powder, and our favorite ice cream shop in town had a popular malt with 2x the malt powder. Yum!
I wanted to introduce my kids to the same flavor, so when we came up with the idea to create our own ice cream truck, I went on the search for a good Malted Milk Ball ice cream. Unfortunately every recipe I found included eggs, which I didn’t want to mess with. So, I came up with the following recipe using our Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker*.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 C. Malted Milk Powder (I used the chocolate flavor because it was all I could find at the grocery)
- 1/2 C. Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 C. Brown Sugar
- 1 C. Whole Milk
- 2 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 T. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Malted Milk Balls, chopped + more for garnishing, if desired
What to do:
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and use a mixer or whisk until the sugars are dissolved.
- Stir in the cream and vanilla.
- Set it in the fridge to cool at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the chilled mixture into your ice cream mixer* for 15-20 minutes or until it’s thickened.
- Slowly pour the desired amount of Milk Balls into the drum while the ice cream mixes, or fold it in at the end.
- Freeze in an airtight container for about 2 hours. Enjoy!
The result? Amaze-
What do you think? Are you a fan of Malted Milk Ball ice cream? I’d love to hear your favorite ice cream flavor in the comments below.
*No ice cream maker? No problem. Once you’ve reached step five, simply put the container in the freezer for 2 hours or until it begins to freeze slightly. Stir in the malted milk balls and stir after another hour to evenly distribute, if necessary.