Nailed It! Free printable nail art
I’m back with a new Halloween-themed tutorial combining two things I’ve been a little obsessed with lately: emojis + nail decals. Really, who doesn’t love emojis? They’re cute AND a stand-alone language. Keep reading to download your own free emoji nail art printable and learn just how easy this is!
- First, paint your nails. You can choose any color, but the art shows best on white or light, solid colors.
- Next, print your design on tattoo paper following the on-package instructions. I’ve heard rub-on transfer paper works great, too. If you’re making your own design, make sure to reverse the image, mirror-style, so that the image appears correctly once applied. Of course, the free art I’m providing is already flipped 🙂
- Cut the designs you want to place on your nails, carefully trimming close to the design.
- Next, remove the clear plastic wrapper. Place the image face down, and press a wet cotton ball or wash cloth to the paper, being careful not to move the art.
- Once the paper has soaked, carefully pull the paper away to reveal the design on your nail. Finish with a clear top coat.
My girls are partial to the candy emoticons.
Is the idea of emoticons on your nails a little too much? I love the idea of putting your favorite design on your ring fingers for a “statement nail.”
Guess what? I’m offering this as a free printable for my subscribers!
Note: This document prints approximately 3×4″. Some printers try to auto-enlarge the image when printing on letter sized paper. Make sure to print this at 100%, or less for children’s nails. I cut a section of my tattoo paper and ran it through the photo tray on my printer, to help ensure the right size image was printed, and to preserve the rest of my paper.
So, what do you think of nail art – yay / nay / fine for the kids, but not me?