the Breakfast Bake so good, it could be dessert
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #CollectiveBias #Cbias
A big soft, warm sugar cookie. For breakfast.
That’s what was on my mind as I woke up to a ridiculously cold house after the first cold snap of the season.
Something about that first taste of bone-chilling Midwest cold puts me in that winter holiday sort of mood.
Which is why I decided to kick up my morning oatmeal with a little something extra.
Sugar Cookie Oatmeal: it’s as good as it sounds.
All the hearty and healthy goodness of my regular oatmeal, but even more sweet and delicious.
To prepare this breakfast goodness, start with a cup of rolled oats, and mix in a mashed banana and 1-2 tablespoons of almond butter.
Then pour in the secret ingredient: International Delight® Frosted Sugar Cookie. I’d already been using it in my morning coffee,, and was inspired to make something the whole family could enjoy.
Spoon the mixture by 1/4 cup portions into an oiled muffin pan, and flatten it with the back of your spoon. Bake at 380º for about 20 minutes.
While your sugar cookie oatmeal is baking, make a glaze by melting a tablespoon of butter, and whisking in 4 more tablespoons of the Creamer and a cup of powdered sugar over medium heat. Whisk until all the lumps have dissolved.
When the oatmeal is done baking, drizzle the glaze on top as desired. Because I used a silicone muffin pan, it was easy to pop them out and serve them, just like thick, gooey cookies.
Be sure you get your sous chef involved!
I can think of nothing better to serve overnight holiday guests than a breakfast sugar cookie! Or, you can substitute any other of your favorite flavors (Chocolate Hazelnut, anyone?).
However, on a busy morning when time isn’t on your side, I highly recommend pouring this liquid holiday cheer into your coffee.
- OATMEAL BAKE
- 1 C rolled oats
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 2/3 International Delight® Frosted Sugar Cookie Creamer
- 2 T. Almond Butter (optional)
- Spray oil
- Sprinkles, for garnish
- GLAZE (optional)
- 4 T International Delight® Frosted Sugar Cookie Creamer
- 1 C. Powdered Sugar
- 1 T Butter
- Mix all the oatmeal bake ingredients together and spoon 1/4 C. increments of the mixture into an oiled muffin pan (I use my large scoop to make easy work of this).
- Bake at 380 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then adding the Creamer and powdered sugar. Whisk until all lumps are dissolved.
- Drizzle over the oatmeal bake as desired. Garnish with sprinkles
If you like this recipe, you might also like cinnamon eggnog bread: