Healthy Breakfast Cookies featuring Bananas, Oats, Honey, Almond Butter and Chocolate Chips | Five Marigolds
Healthy Breakfast Cookies. These moist breakfast cookies feature bananas, oats, almond butter, honey and chocolate chips | Five Marigolds
I have a serious sweet tooth in the morning, so I’ve long been on the hunt for sweet breakfast recipes that are healthy’ish AND taste good. It’s been a long journey! After a testing a lot of recipes and coming up short, I’ve finally found something that balances a little of both – it’s super yummy, and the ingredients are in the healthy’ish zone that I can feel good about serving my kids. Rich flavor – with no flour, butter or refined sugar.Another thing I love about these cookies is that they are really satisfying. I’m almost always hungry within 30 minutes of breakfast, but not with these. Ladies and Gentleman: I proudly introduce you to Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies.
I’ll often mix up the dry ingredients before I go to bed, and in the morning just add the banana, nut butter and honey and pop them in the oven. So good! Here is the recipe with my preferred ingredients.
Source: Sally’s Baking Addiction
- 2 1/3 C. quick oats
- 3/4 t. salt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 C. nut butter (I prefer almond butter)
- 1/4 C. honey
- 1/3 C. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together, folding in the chocolate chips at the end.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons per cookie onto a parchment-lined baking sheet – I used my Pampered Chef large scoop to make easy work of this – and gently flatten to the desired shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool on a baking rack.
Makes around 15 cookies. These stay good for about three days, or can be frozen for later. Be sure to separate cookies with parchment paper in storage.
Are you a fan of breakfast cookies? Let me know what you think in the comments below!
This post was featured on A Blossoming Life.
*Please read my affiliate disclaimer in the right sidebar. Thank you for your support!