I’ve found the holy grail of overnight oats: this Strawberry Shortcake version is loaded with fresh strawberries and inspired by your favorite dessert…for breakfast!
Today I’m going to show you how to make the best Overnight Oats recipe, ever. It’s the sweet and creamy taste of strawberry shortcake, with the breakfast-worthy fuel to keep you satisfied until lunch.
I’ll admit, the idea of cold oats hasn’t always appealed to me, but the warm weather this season has changed my tune. While these are often known, and made, as overnight oats – I also like to make mine in the early morning hours and enjoy them an a few hours later.
Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats, Serves 2
- 1 C. rolled/old fashioned oats
- 1/2 C. fresh strawberries, sliced (approximately 6-8)
- 1-2 T. strawberry jam (I make my own one-jar batch from this recipe)
- 3/4 C. milk
- 1/4 C. vanilla yogurt (my favorite is Dannon Lite & Fit Vanilla yogurt)
- Optional: 1/4 t. almond extract
In a bowl combine all the ingredients, setting aside a couple of strawberry slices for garnish. Pour into one pint sized mason jar, or two jelly jars, then pop in the fridge to leave overnight for extra soaked oats, or just a few hours for quicker gratification. Serve cold, or pop it in the microwave for up to a minute to warm. Serves 2.