Easy, Kid Friendly Honey Bread Recipe
Today I’m excited to share one of our family’s favorite recipes: Kid Friendly Honey Bread. I’ve been meaning to share this on the blog for, like, years, but just never got around to it.
Yes, the recipe is called kid friendly because my kids love to eat this bread. But, more importantly, this is a super easy recipe that your kids can make with you.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
I tend to be intimidated by many bread recipes. In my experience, if you don’t get things *just so*, or if you don’t have a bread maker or kneading machine, the results can vary each time you make it.
Not the case with this recipe.
This honey bread turns out every. single. time.
Even better? It uses simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. No bread flour needed for this one.
Honey Bread Recipe
Start with 1 1/4 C. milk, warmed to 110°-115°, and dissolve one packet of active dry yeast in it.
Stir in 1/4 C. honey, 2 T. melted butter, and a dash of salt. Then, add 3 C. all purpose flour.
The dough will be sticky! Knead on a floured counter or in your mixer using a kneading attachment for around 3 minutes.
Place in a bowl, cover with a towel, and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
Punch down the dough, place in a greased bread pan, and let rise one more hour.
Now you’re ready to bake! Place in the center rack of your oven and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes.
The result is golden, delicious honey bread.
We love to serve it warm, drizzled with honey (of course!).
Check out our little video to see just how fun and easy this recipe is to make with kids. Except for that flour incident…
I just know you’re going to love this kid friendly honey bread recipe! It’s perfect for breakfast, or the perfect side to your next meal.
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cup of warm milk (110 to 115 degrees)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/8 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- Dissolve active dry yeast in warmed milk.
- Add honey, melted butter and salt.
- Stir in flour.
- Knead on a floured surface or with a dough hook in an electric mixer for three minutes.
- Place in bowl, cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
- Punch dough down, add to greased and floured bread pan, and let rise another hour.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm, drizzled with honey.
Do you make bread at home, or are you intimidated by the process? Let me know in the comments below!