Easy, Kid Friendly Honey Bread Recipe
You will love making this homemade honey bread with your kids. It’s a great activity to do together, introduces them to baking, and the best part of all is your home smells so good while it’s baking!
This honey bread turns out every. single. time.
Even better? It uses simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. No bread flour needed for this one.
Ingredients You Need:
- Active Dry Yeast
- Melted Butter
- All Purpose Flour
Making Your Homemade Honey Bread
- Start with 1 1/4 C. milk, warmed to 110°-115°, and dissolve one packet of active dry yeast in it.
- Stir in 1/4 C. honey, 2 T. melted butter, and a dash of salt. Then, add 3 C. all-purpose flour.
- The dough will be sticky! Knead on a floured counter or in your mixer using a kneading attachment for around 3 minutes.
- Place in a bowl, cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
- Punch down the dough, place it in a greased bread pan, and let rise one more hour.
- Now you’re ready to bake! Place in the center rack of your oven and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes.
The result is golden, delicious honey bread. We love to enjoy this freshly baked homemade bread when it’s still warm and drizzled with honey.
Check out our little video to see just how fun and easy this recipe is to make with kids. Except for that flour incident…
I just know you’re going to love this kid friendly honey bread recipe! >It’s a simple recipe that you can customize to your liking and a delicious treat that you can enjoy with your family.
Do you make bread at home, or are you intimidated by the process? Let me know in the comments below!