10 Genius Gift Ideas You’ll Want to Copy
Don’t go to your next holiday party empty handed! Show your hostess how much you appreciate her year-round with a thoughtful, but inexpensive, DIY gift.
I know how hard it is to look for the perfect gift that won’t put a hole in your wallet. This gift guide will solve that problem for you. These gift ideas are so easy to put together, and I’m a hundred percent sure that the host or hostess will enjoy (and actually use) them!
Here’s a compiled list of big and small hostess gift ideas you can bring with you to your next party. No matter what the occasion is, these are sure to impress.
Click the images for more information on how to pull together these DIY hostess gifts that will get you invited back for more gatherings.
- Etched Spoons – this gift is practical and personalized. No gift wrap required. You can find inexpensive, high-quality wooden spoons in a store near you and all you have to do is etch some words on them. To make sure they won’t fade with use, make sure that you etch them on the back of the wooden spoons. This cute, personalized gift is so simple but will make any hostess fall in love with it right away! Make It – Love It
- Wine Basket – You’ll win the award for the best hostess gift if you show up with this beautiful gift basket with a bottle of wine and etched glasses. She might even share a glass with you! Not only is this easy to assemble last-minute, but the results will also have your hostess gushing. There are plenty of ways you can decorate this, too. You can choose a theme, and incorporate some scented candles, ribbons, or even a cheese board. So many possibilities!
- Cookie Jar – I love this sweet and simple idea of whipping up a batch of your famous cookie recipe for a treat she can share with guests or save for herself.Just stack the cookies together inside and tie a ribbon neatly around the jar after. This gift idea also has an option to add a personalized tag for you to write their name on it. Homemade cookies presented this way look even more special.
- Succulents – I’m obsessed with succulents, and this presentation couldn’t be any more charming. You can find these tiny plants anywhere at a low cost. The presentation makes this gift more heartwarming because of the customized design. Succulents are small enough to add as a desk decoration or, if they’re plant lovers, a perfect addition to their collection as well. Elissa Braun
- Mulling Spices – for your holiday hostess, this stovetop simmer mulling spices recipe is sure to put her in the Christmas spirit. What I love about this gift idea is that you can make it yourself at home. The hostess will enjoy a handmade stovetop simmer for them to make use of during the holidays. Pair it with their favorite brand of olive oil or jam and you’re ready!
- Cookie Decorating Kit – I’m a bit partial to this idea for a pretty cookie decorating kit. If your hostess has little ones at home, this is a cute handmade gift to give out. It’s even more perfect if the hostess loves to bake. This thoughtful present will make them want to invite you again!
- Wine or Champagne with faux fur “shrug” – Adorn your wine or champagne present with this beautiful faux shrug. Why not take the extra step and go from a simple to elegant bottle? Mix in some chocolate gifts too if you’re feeling generous!
- Flowers – In a pinch, you can make inexpensive grocery flowers look like they’re fresh from the fancy florist. And yes, it is possible. Just follow the simple guide below. I also love to go above and beyond and give them a sugar scrub or hot cocoa mix!
- Coffee Kit – Nothing says “I get you” quite like caffeine and sugar. For your coffee-loving hostess, a box filled with their favorite coffee i.
- Homemade Vanilla Extract – A thoughtful DIY gift that just about everyone could use! Pair with a cookie cutter or cute mixing spoon and it would make a beautiful theme gift for the baker in your life. These will end up looking so adorable and not to mention, very useful in the kitchen as well.
- A Thoughtful Card – When all else fails, a thoughtful, handwritten card always goes a long way! You can download these charming cards here. They’re perfectly paired with wine boxes, coffee jars, hot chocolate or coffee kits, flowers, and anything I’ve mentioned above!
What do you think of my DIY hostess gifts? Let me know which your favorite is in the comments below!
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: